At DARO, we recognize that life has become more unpredictable. We want to do our part to help you get through these difficult times and provide a little certainty in an uncertain world.
Our Worry-Free Leasing Program means you can terminate your lease without penalty within the first 90 days of occupancy if your job situation changes. Job loss can be the result of layoffs/reductions in force or a significant reduction in the number of compensable hours a resident is able to work.
Residents who wish to exercise this benefit should notify the DARO management team at [email protected] at least 30 days in advance of their move-out date. The notice must provide:
- The reason for requesting a lease cancellation.
- Evidence of job loss.
- Confirmation of their expected move-out date.
Residents will only pay for:
- Rent for the number of days they had legal possession of the apartment.
- Any damage caused to the apartment beyond normal wear and tear.
They may not apply any free rent concessions (for full or partial months) toward their rent payment obligations under this Worry-Free Leasing Program. If a concession was used, it must be repaid prior to vacating.
Rent includes the total monthly rent amount:
- Base rent
- Recurring monthly charges (pet rent, covered parking, utilities, etc.).
Management will retain any non-refundable move-in and other fees associated with the application and move-in process, but normally non-refundable pet fees will be refunded. Residents must be current in their rent at the time of executing this benefit.Please contact our leasing team to schedule your virtual or in-person tour today, or to inquire about our Worry-Free Leasing Program. This offer applies to new residents with leases that start between October 1, 2020, and December 31, 2020.
Committed to Keeping Our Communities Safe
The DARO team is committed to keeping our communities safe. We encourage our residents to avoid interacting with large numbers of people whenever possible during the COVID-19 pandemic to avoid contracting or spreading the virus.
Our current priorities include:
- Keeping our apartment buildings clean
- Encouraging social distancing
- Requiring masks in community areas
- Ensuring our staff is maintaining and following all COVID-19 health guidelines
You can do your part to protect our community by finding alternative ways to accomplish certain tasks at home, including:
Using the Mobile Doorman app
We offer the Mobile Doorman app to help our residents get their packages and groceries delivered with little-to-no contact. This makes residents’ lives easier and safer in several other ways, too, including enabling you to:
- Register guests
- Make gym reservations
- Participate in our digital bulletin board to communicate with other residents
Active Bio-Protect Program
In April 2020, we began electrostatic disinfection processes every 30 days throughout all the common areas in our communities. We discontinued that service in July, and replaced it with a Bio-Protect Program offered by disinfection service Fresco that protects surfaces for up to 90 days. The Bio-Protect Program is effective against bacteria, virus, fungus and mold, and all of Daro’s communities are participating in it.
Other On-site Operational Changes
We have shifted other aspects of living within our Daro communities to better enable social distancing and COVID-19 precautions. For example, we have moved many of our operations online for your convenience and safety.
- Residents can now open package lockers using their smartphones to minimize the need to touch community surfaces.
- Many of our rental services — such as applications, rent payments, and services requests — are now handled digitally to reduce in-person contact.
If you are a current resident interested in exploring how our digital services are enhancing safety and convenience, download the Mobile Doorman app or browse our apartments and their amenities. Feel free to give us a call at 202-363-2255 if you have any questions!